Saturday, March 06, 2004

I'm now an official expert on marriage.

I've been married for the better part of three weeks at 3pm today, and I think I've pretty much got this down pat.
You think before you get married that everything that everyone tells you about marriage is cynical and mean. It's not.
Let me tell you what I already know. Everything that people tell you is true. She is always right. You better know this right from the start. As a man, you think you're more logical, and that's going to solve everything. Unfortunately, you're not nearly as logical as you think you are, especially during an argument. You're irrational, and very logical about it. Always remember this: If you're in an argument, you're probably no longer logical, so don't assume that you are. Give up. Stop arguing. If you're a woman, you need to know this: you're man thinks he's being logical. He's an idiot.
You know what else? That's all you have to know, I think. Everything else is easy. When you agree, its easy. But I guarantee you that no marriage ended without an argument. Learn how to argue while you learn how to fix what started the argument, because trust me, the argument is just as dangerous as the issue.
You might think I'm saying this because Amanda and I just had an argument.
You'd be right.