Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I just blogged all over myself.

The funny thing about being unemployed is that it is so contradicting.
You have plenty of time to think of your career, and all of the things that you can do to improve your productivity. The problem is, you don't want to be more productive. That just makes your day longer. Sucker.
And I'm starting to realize that I've already seen this episode of "Unsolved Mysteries".
You know, I don't think I'm a "job snob". I applied at Wal-Mart. I used their "Employment Computer" thing. It was great. When working as a Network Administrator, I made a salary. When using this machine, it asked me how much I made per hour. I didn't make anything per hour. I made a salary. There was no way to enter that.
Also, from what I can tell from the "short" questionnaires, Wal-Mart has had a lot of trouble with people smoking pot, coming to work, breaking their leg while swinging from a fork lift, and stealing small objects on their way to living on worker's comp.
I also found out I could never be a baggage screener for the government. I took a test. It was pretty conclusive that I was a very smart guy with very poor eyesight.