Monday, March 15, 2004

I have it on good authority

According to at least one 5 year old girl, I am, to quote her, "the bomb". She believes this so much, she solidified it by writing it down. She's smart. I think it's because she's Asian.
I went to kindergarten today, just for kicks. Name-of-the-day, an exercise meant to bolster a child's writing ability by bolstering their ego was performed as usual, with the exception that I was name of the day. They wanted to know everything about me. The asked me my favorite color. They asked me who my best friend was (my wife, their teacher). Then they asked me two questions which I could not in all good conscience answer truthfully to a kindergarten. What is your favorite thing to play with? I said, "my guitar" I thought, "my wife". What is your favorite game? I said, "Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2" I thought, "Any game that only a husband and wife can play". You know what I mean. Twister.
So anyway, the whole point is that there isn't one. I just like being the most advanced student in the room. They're gonna kick me out of school again.

Soup of the day: Kroger Brand vegetable in beef stock. Oh yeah. The pasta they use is the same one they use for their alphabet soup.