Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Counting the days

Well, here we are one more day closer to my wedding. Be it known here that I never planned to get married on Valentine's Day, and I'm vehemently against the whole idea of valentine's day, but that's where my Amanda's vacation fell, and I wasn't going to wait any longer to marry her than I had to. Especially since I'm so repressed.
Anyway, this is also day 2 without Jesse. Easier, but not done with the pain yet. I still miss my buddy. I realize though that he was my servant, and I was his master, and we both followed those responsibilities to the end, and that's all I can ask for. I love him still, but he's gone, and I move on. He doesn't mind. He's dead. I hope there are dogs in heaven. He'd be the dog I'd want for all eternity. But the Bible is very unclear on this subject. Of course, its also unclear as to where the dinosaurs went. I think its just covering the important things.
My work here at LeTournea University is done, and I know it, but my letter of resignation says otherwise. So does my need for a paycheck. But for some reason my work ethic falters more than those two things. Time will tell if I get fired before next Wednesday.