Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Writing is hard.

I don't like anything I write anymore. That's why you haven't seen anything here for four days. I suppose I should just stop trying to write what I enjoy reading, and just write, but I can never seem to do that. I think that it's because everything I say here seems so negative.
Here's a positive. Amanda and I spent Saturday night eating tacos with Gara and Amie. What? Not positive enough? That's because you've never hung out with them, then. They're the kind of people that you stay at their house doing absolutely nothing you wouldn't be doing anyway, but enjoy it merely because you're doing it with them. You overstay your welcome until your eyes are swollen and your wife is lifeless on the floor.
I'm tired of complaining when there is so much good in my life. That doesn't mean that I'll stop. It just means I'll complain about that, too. I think that might be what I'm doing here. I'm not doing very well at circumventing my negative feelings.
This morning the traffic gave me back some of the life it takes from me everyday when I saw a landscaping truck rear-end a Toyota. I couldn't help but laugh. The guy in the Avalon was taking it so seriously. Oh, and it happened right in front of a cop, too.
Yesterday, at Amanda's school, I heard someone ask a child, "What is 1+1". The answer? "0". Ouch. That kid is going to go far.